Website migration from WordPress to Shopify in less than 6 weeks during COVID lockdown.
Due to an influx of home cooking and increased demand for online meat products during the peak of COVID lockdown it was important to redevelop the website for Australian Organic Meat Co on Shopify for a better user experience.
Working directly with business owner Karra and business advisor Paul Downs from IT Works we planned a migration approach.
Owl and Monk provided a new website setup on Shopify with full training with an aim to Create an easier way for people to shop for organic meat online, improve operational processes, reduce abandoned carts and increase order volume.
Website migration process:
- Transfer Order history, Customer data, Products, Pages, Blog posts and Content from old website to new
- Set-up SEO redirects
Customised functionality included:
- Intuitive visual mega menu structure using core meat groups for easy navigation
- Quick Shop - making it easier for regular shoppers to buy their favorite products
- Tag system to categorise groups of products together on collection pages, search and recommended products
- Metafields - Introducing additional features such as sub-titles
- Blog - Estimated reading time
- Set up bespoke shipping rates
- In-store pick up time slots
- Delivery options to 3 regions in QLD
- Create Order cut-off times
- Specialised Christmas delivery/pickup options
- Use Excelify to create specialise weekly reports:
- Delivery report - customer delivery addresses, postcodes, contact and order numbers.
- Cutting sheet - Report to communicate with the butcher what may need to be prepared each day for orders, such as type of meat, weight and cut. As meat is an organic product and cant be stored for long periods of time this report helps the butcher to prepare the animal as needed, reducing product waste and maintaining product freshness.