A full website data migration is recommended to keep the history of your orders and customers data in one place.
This data is extremely valuable to your business and will enable you to strategically develop your product range, access reporting, review analytics, review customer buying behaviours and create personalised marketing campaigns.
In order to ensure a smooth transition from your website platform: Wordpress, Squarespace, Salesforce, Magento to Shopify, we propose migrating your order history, customer accounts, collections, product listings, pages, blog content, loyalty programs, discounts and links using a 3rd party integration *
* We are Matrixy Experts and Partners and love using their technology as it is accurate, adaptable and the team offer outstanding customer services.
Enquire about a data migration audit here.
Phase 1: Audit and Planning
Review existing website and plan approach to migrate core information across to Shopify.
- Login access required to view core website data :
- Review site map
- Review products and categories
- Review content (Pages, Blogs, Discount, Forms)
- Review orders
- Review customer and subscribers
- Review files and attachments (PDF and JPG)
- Shopify Development website setup
- Review customer types (wholesale/ retail)
- Test migration through development website:
- Setup API integration
- Import test data
- Test migration through API / manual import export
Phase 2: Implementation - Data migration to Shopify as per findings (above audit)
- Data preparation
- Data transferred to website
- Data testing
- Transfer remaining data at time of launch
- SEO Backlinks setup (Pages, Products and Posts)
- Account password request - Wholesale and retail customer groups
- Data preparation
- Send out email in bulk to segmented groups Inviting them to reset password in new website